Denver Personal Injury Lawyer Shaun Kaufman: Safety Tips for Scooter Drivers
Recently in Denver, a drunk driver turned in front of a scooter, hitting the scooter driver and killing him. The driver of the vehicle was arrested, still drunk, several hours later, not far from where the crash took place.
A few weeks ago in Denver, a 53-year-old woman on a scooter was killed in a chain-reaction crash.
What Can We Learn from These Tragedies?
Most accidents involving scooters occur at intersections. Unfortunately, truck, SUV and auto drivers don’t look carefully for motorcycles, bicycles or scooters — this is true whether it is nighttime or daytime.
Other factors that contribute to scooter accidents are:
- Rider inexperience
- Excessive speed
Safety Tips for Riding Scooters
What to Wear
- A helmet. A good helmet reduces wind noise, minimizes wind-borne debris in your face/eyes, and helps prevent temperature extremes from becoming uncomfortable.
- Proper eye protection. This includes an approved shield on your helmet, a pair of goggles or shatterproof glasses.
- Jackets and pants made from sturdy materials. For example, denim, nylon in its various guises, and leather.
- Gloves. Always wear gloves, even during the hotter months. They will help you manage the controls on your scooter, and if you should fall, they’ll protect your hands from abrasion. Also cars and trucks ahead of you may kick up stones that can hit your fingers.
Attach reflective tape on your clothes. Or wear brightly colored clothes. The easier it is for other drivers to see you, the less likely that they’ll run into you.
Use turn signals when you change lanes or turn. Remember that you look smaller on a scooter, so make sure to give yourself extra room before you turn, and make sure you signal well in advance of any turn.
Practice extra caution when driving at night or in the rain.
To read the full article, click here.
Denver Personal Injury Lawyer Shaun Kaufman
If you are injured on a scooter, and you think that the other driver is at fault, then contact a qualified personal injury lawyer, such as Shaun Kaufman at Shaun Kaufman Law, P.C. He is knowledgeable about traffic and personal injury law, and might be able to help you recover lost wages and medical expenses.
To contact Shaun Kaufman, call 303-309-0430 at any time of the day or night, including holidays and weekends. Or fill out the form on the right side of this page and Shaun will get back to you as soon as possible.
How Can We Help You?Call Shaun Kaufman Law at 303-309-0430. We are happy to offer a free, initial phone consultation regarding your case.
Subscribe via Email to Shaun Kaufman Law Posts
Popular Posts This Month at Shaun Kaufman
- Sartorial Tips from a Lawyer: What to Wear to Court March 17, 2015: Update on "Sartorial Tips from a Lawyer" Since…
- Sentencing: Tips for Preparing a Mitigation Package Sentencing is important in many criminal defense cases. Understand that…
- Tips from a Lawyer: Late or Missed a Court Date?… Late for Your Court Date? Or have you missed your…
- Can I Sue the State? A School District? A City? Our firm is asked often such question as "Can I…
- After the DUI Arrest, What Happens Next? After you are taken into custody for DUI, you will…
- Twitter Hashtags for Lawyers 101 Twitter As Search Engine When I first became a Twitter…
- Should You Lie or Not Talk to the Police? Can I get into trouble if I lie to the…
- What Is Expectation of Privacy? Last April, I was a guest faculty member at the…
- Don’t Be a Cop Magnet: Top 10 Reasons Police Pull Over It's fairly easy to get pulled over while you're driving.…
- Better Call Saul: Legal No-Nos in Dumpster Diving Scene We're still catching up on our "Better Call Saul" TV…
Shaun Kaufman Law serves clients across…
Denver Metro area and throughout Colorado, the Denver Tech Center, Golden, Brighton, Littleton, Boulder, Lakewood, Longmont, Englewood, Arvada, Fort Collins, Greeley, Aurora, Evergreen, Lakewood, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Parker, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Glendale, Louisville, Lone Tree, Aspen, Vail, Breckenridge, Steamboat Springs, Cherry Creek, Pueblo, Black Hawk, Georgetown, Eagle, Carbonale,,El Jebel, Leadville, Glenwood Springs, Granby, Grand Lake, Durango, Pagosa Springs, Silverton,Telluride, Ouray, Delta, Gunnison, Lake City, Walden, Loveland. Rifle, Meeker, Rangely, Central City, Salida, Westcliffe, Canon City, Fairplay, Sheridan, Creede, Del Norte, Centennial, Littleton, Castle Rock, Parker, Kiowa. Broomfield, and all communities of The Foothills, The Eastern Plains and the Front Range, Trinidad, Walsenburg and Aguilar.