It’s Time To Select a Criminal Lawyer
You have spoken to several criminal defense lawyers, and you have checked out their reputation among others in your community, asked for recommendations from respected community members and gotten suggestions from your friends. You are down to two or maybe three lawyers’ names. So how do you decide who to go with?
Tips for Selecting a Criminal Defense Attorney
When making a decision who to hire, here are some final criteria to consider:
- Make sure that you are impressed with, and can speak easily with, the lawyer’s staff (you will be surprised how much you will be working with them).
- Look to see how busy the lawyer is. Does the lawyer make comments about needing to reschedule your case or
other cases all the time? Is the lawyer always checking his calendar and speaking with staff about continuing this or that? Does the lawyer want you to make your next appearance alone or with an associate or subsitute lawyer? You do not want to get stuck with “fill-ins” who cannot manage your case professionally or who waste your court-appearance time because the lawyer you chose has a conflict with a case somewhere else.
- Big firm or solo practitioner? The problem with a multi-lawyer Colorado criminal defense law firm is that you never know who is going to show up to represent you at an important hearing. I am biased: you want the lawyer who wrote the motion to suppress, and the lawyer who read all the police reports, to be the attorney who shows up to fight for your suppression. A big firm lawyer might or might not be there as a result of pressure from other, higher-paying cases.
Colorado criminal defense attorney Shaun Kaufman believes in hand-crafted criminal defense work in metro Denver criminal defense cases. At Shaun Kaufman Law, we believe in one lawyer for one client, and we know that you will get exactly who and what you paid for: compassionate, quality defense lawyering.
Contact Colorado defense attorney Shaun Kaufman by filling out the contact form on the right of this screen, or by calling 303-309-0430. Don’t worry about calling too late or on weekends or even on holidays: Shaun Kaufman Law responds to all inquiries 24/7, 365 days a year.
How Can We Help You?Call Shaun Kaufman Law at 303-309-0430. We are happy to offer a free, initial phone consultation regarding your case. Or fill out the below contact form, and Shaun Kaufman will get back to you as soon as possible.
Subscribe via Email to Shaun Kaufman Law Posts
Recent Popular Posts by Shaun Kaufman
- Don’t Be a Cop Magnet: Top 10 Reasons Police Pull Over Vehicles
- Should You Lie or Not Talk to the Police?
- Colorado Restraining Orders: Use and Abuse
- Legalization of Marijuana in Colorado: Don’t Drive Stoned
- Colorado Temporary vs. Permanent Protection Orders
- What Happens When the Police Shoot a Citizen
- Do It Yourself DUI/DMV Representation: Three Top Mistakes People Make
Shaun Kaufman Law serves clients across…
Denver Metro area and throughout Colorado, the Denver Tech Center, Golden, Brighton, Littleton, Boulder, Lakewood, Longmont, Englewood, Arvada, Fort Collins, Greeley, Aurora, Evergreen, Lakewood, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Parker, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Glendale, Louisville, Lone Tree, Aspen, Vail, Breckenridge, Steamboat Springs, Cherry Creek, Pueblo, Black Hawk, Georgetown, Eagle, Carbonale,,El Jebel, Leadville, Glenwood Springs, Granby, Grand Lake, Durango, Pagosa Springs, Silverton,Telluride, Ouray, Delta, Gunnison, Lake City, Walden, Loveland. Rifle, Meeker, Rangely, Central City, Salida, Westcliffe, Canon City, Fairplay, Sheridan, Creede, Del Norte, Centennial, Littleton, Castle Rock, Parker, Kiowa. Broomfield, and all communities of The Foothills, The Eastern Plains and the Front Range, Trinidad, Walsenburg and Aguilar.