Underage Drinking Has Been on the Decline Since 2002
There’s good news in a 2013 Monitoring the Future Study on that cites a decade-long survey (2002-2012) by the National Survey on Drug Use and Health on the prevalence rates of current, binge and heavy drinking among 12 to 20-year-olds.
The following stats reflect 2012 decreases in underage drinking:
- Past month alcohol consumption among 12 to 20-year-olds has declined 16 percent since 2002.
- Heavy drinking (5 or more drinks on 5 or more days within a thirty-day period) decreased 31 percent since 2002.
- Underage binge drinking rates decreased 21 percent since 2002.
According to the survey, among older groups alcohol consumption in general decreases with increasing age, while in the U.S. underage drinking increases with increasing age.
Links to More Statistics
Click to see more underage drinking statistics and charts.
Click for an interactive state map with facts on alcohol-impaired driving fatality, underage consumption and arrest data.
Denver DUI Attorney Shaun Kaufman
Shaun has tried and won DUI cases, and he will only seek a plea bargain when you want it, and when it is the best option for your case. Shaun Kaufman Law’s team approach includes consultations with addiction counselors, which can make the difference between jail and freedom — especially to repeat DUI clients. Shaun Kaufman’s experience in treating addiction gives him credibility with prosecutors and judges at sentencing.
To contact Shaun Kaufman Law, call 303-309-0430 any time of the day, seven days a week, or fill out the contact form on the right side of this page.
How Can We Help You?Call Shaun Kaufman Law at 303-309-0430. We are happy to offer a free, initial phone consultation regarding your case. Or fill out the below contact form, and Shaun Kaufman will get back to you as soon as possible.
Subscribe via Email to Shaun Kaufman Law Posts
Recent Popular Posts by Shaun Kaufman
- Colorado Temporary vs. Permanent Protection Orders There are two forms of protection orders (commonly called restraining ...
- Don’t Be a Cop Magnet: Top 10 Reasons Police Pull Over It's fairly easy to get pulled over while you're driving. ...
- Should You Lie or Not Talk to the Police? Can I get into trouble if I lie to the ...
- Do It Yourself DUI/DMV Representation: Three Top Mistakes… Hypothetical situation: You've been ticketed for driving under the influence ...
- Sentencing: Tips for Preparing a Mitigation Package Sentencing is important in many criminal defense cases. Understand that ...
- What Happens When the Police Shoot a Citizen In today's blog, I'm discussing the procedures used by police ...
- After the DUI Arrest, What Happens Next? After you are taken into custody for DUI, you will ...
- My blog has recently been added to , which is part of one of the largest networks of blog directories on the Web. Please visit to vote for my blog and comment to other blog users.
Shaun Kaufman Law serves clients across…
Denver Metro area and throughout Colorado, the Denver Tech Center, Golden, Brighton, Littleton, Boulder, Lakewood, Longmont, Englewood, Arvada, Fort Collins, Greeley, Aurora, Evergreen, Lakewood, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Parker, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Glendale, Louisville, Lone Tree, Aspen, Vail, Breckenridge, Steamboat Springs, Cherry Creek, Pueblo, Black Hawk, Georgetown, Eagle, Carbonale,,El Jebel, Leadville, Glenwood Springs, Granby, Grand Lake, Durango, Pagosa Springs, Silverton,Telluride, Ouray, Delta, Gunnison, Lake City, Walden, Loveland. Rifle, Meeker, Rangely, Central City, Salida, Westcliffe, Canon City, Fairplay, Sheridan, Creede, Del Norte, Centennial, Littleton, Castle Rock, Parker, Kiowa. Broomfield, and all communities of The Foothills, The Eastern Plains and the Front Range, Trinidad, Walsenburg and Aguilar.